Prerequisites for pilots aspiring their first Type Rating (TR) A320
- To have a minimum of 70 flying hours as a pilot in command of airplanes.
- To be the holder of a valid instrumental flight rating in multi-engine airplanes.
- To be the holder of a MCC certificate. If this course has not been passed, it can be included in the Type Rating Course (TR).
- Having received education and theoretical knowledge at a ATPL(A) level, having passed a course and having passed an authority level test.
- To be the holder of a valid Class 1 medical certificate.
Training phases A320
- This phase will be for a period of 18 days with Computer Based Training (CBT), classroom training, as well as in a (CSS) cabin procedures trainer.
- Including considerations about mass and centre of gravity, flight performance and planning.
- Knowledge test.
- It consists of 9 sessions (4 hours each one), which is a total of 36 hours of Full Flight Simulator training (FFS).
- Normal, abnormal and emergency operations, as well as the manoeuvres required for a flight and its planning, weight and balance and flight performances.
- In the 9th session the expert exam will take place.
- This phase will take place in an actual aircraft, where the take-off and landing manoeuvres will be trained in different configurations, putting into practice the abilities acquired.
- Duration according to the experience.
- About 35 and 45 minutes of actual flight time.